We support a range of businesses to commercialise and monetise new technologies, products and services. This ranges from early-stage companies and University spin-outs through to existing businesses that are active in creating new ventures, new technologies or additional offerings.
We have helped many clients to structure commercial partnerships or commercial arrangements with large blue-chip partner companies under licence or distribution in several regions of the world, including the UK, USA, Europe and Asia.
We can help you to:
- Turn your intellectual capital or any latent IP into new offerings that can generate revenue
- Determine the most appropriate exploitation strategy for your IP, whether license, JV or other
- Identify the most appropriate application markets and sales channels for your IP
- Build a clear route to market strategy that takes you into revenue
- Identify key third parties, including licensing partners, JV partners or re-sellers
- Negotiate agent, reseller or distribution agreements with third parties
- Negotiate licensing agreements with third party licensees directly on your behalf
- Advise you on licensing considerations, including royalty levels, payment structuring and IP valuation
- Develop a licence negotiation to Heads of Terms stage before handover to your legal advisors
- Structure commercial partnerships effectively based on mutual business goals
- Advise you on margin structure, particularly where there are multiple re-sellers involved